This article shows how to load the data of an extraction into a Microsoft SQL Server database.
Creating a Microsoft SQL Server destination #
To load data into a Microsoft SQL Server, a Microsoft SQL Server destination must be created and defined.
- In the main window of the designer, click [Destination] to open destination settings.
- In the window “Destination Settings” click [+] (1) to manage destinations.
- Click [Add] (2) to add a new destination.
- Enter a Name and select SQLServer from the drop down list Type (3).
- Fill in the fields Server Name and Database Name.
- Click [Test Connection] (4) to check the connection to the database.
- Click [OK] (5) to save the destination connection.
Loading data into the Microsoft SQL Server destination #
- In the main window of the designer, select an extraction.
- Click [Destination]. The window “Destination Settings” opens.
- In the “Destination Settings” window, choose the SQLServer destination from the drop down menu.
You can change the extraction-specific settings, if needed. This example uses the default settings:
- Click [OK] to get back to the main window of the Designer.
- Click [Run] > [Run] to start the extraction. A successful extraction procedure ends with the status Extraction finished successfully.
Checking the extraction result
Open your SQL Management Studio and check the existence of the successfully extracted table.