Please also have a look in our OnlineHelp for further information.
The following section describes how to restrict the execution of defined extractions within Xtract Universal.
For a better understanding of the necessary settings, please follow the step-by-step instruction.
For this functionality an X.509 certificate based on the company’s Certificate authority (ca) is mandatory.
This must then be used to create a personal certificate for the host name running the Xtract Universal Server.
Forward this request to your network administrators.
Step-by-step instruction #
- Log-in and start the Xtract Universal Designer.
- Navigate to [Server] > [Settings].
- [Add] (1) Windows AD users in the Access Management section and enable check-box Restrict Designer access to the following users/groups.
- Change the Access control protocol in the Web Server tab to HTTPS - Restricted to AD users with Designer read access (2).
- Click on Select X.509 certificate (3) to bind the certificate location using Local Machine > Personal and confirm the changes with [OK] (5).
- Confirm the changes with [OK] (4).
- Confirm the restart of the Xtract Universal Server with [Yes].
- Confirm the Info window with [OK].
- Login to the XU server using following syntax